Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Poll on The Economy, Just for Fun

Just how confident are you that President-Elect Obama's economic team will be able to do much of anything with the economy in the next 12 months? Will the Wall Street banker types and the head of the New York Federal Reserve Bank be able to start fixing a badly-broken system in that time?

I thought I'd put up a poll to see what you all had to say about it. You'll see it down on the sidebar, so please take a moment and cast your vote. When it's done, I'll post the results and we can discuss them. I wanted to see if there was a market for occasional polls on this site, because they might be fun to do.

Meanwhile, this post is open for your thoughts about the economy in the next year and what we think or hope will happen with it.

I will admit I haven't taken a real close look at the PE's economic plan yet, especially since he just announced it the other day. What the mainstream media boils it down to and what was actually said can often turn out to be two different things. I prefer going to as close to the source as I can for something like that.

Has anybody looked at your 401(K) or other retirement plans yet? I'll admit, I'm scared to open mine, especially since the company I worked for had lousy choices in the first place. I know that a friend of mine has looked at his 403(B) since the meltdown, and he's down to around $20,000 from $35,000 this past summer.

How's that bailout working out for US?

It appears that our new President is going to have a lot of Bill Clinton's retreads on his team. That could be good or bad news, because, on balance, the Clinton years weren't all that bad economically.

Will that be enough to bring consumer confidence up so that people will start spending again? Will businesses start expanding again? Will the jobless rates go down, even slightly?

Will the opinion-makers in the press and media be able to convince Joe the Sixpack that everything's far rosier than it is? (Remember Josef Goebbels.)

OK, now I'm getting farklempt. I've put a lot of questions out there! Discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment