Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I'm Going with Obama on This One!!!

As all two or three of my regular readers know, I am not one to heap praise on actions proposed by Barack Obama.  However, sit down for this one:  I strongly support one of his recent proposals!

He recently came out with a cost-savings measure in the federal bureaucracy that I can get behind and rally the populace from the rooftops.  (That means it's doomed to failure, but at least he proposed it.  I'll give him props for that...)

Somehow, in a discussion about how there were so many offices involved in international trade, and how foreign companies had to run the gauntlet of all of them, spanning several Cabinet departments, he actually said he wanted to combine the offices that did basically the same thing and streamline the process.  Yes, he really used the words "combine" and "government agencies" in the same sentence -- and with a positive point of view!

I nearly pulled a Fred Sanford and called for Elizabeth, but, then I got a grip.  I needed to examine if my ears were clear enough to understand that I had NOT mis-heard, and that I was not dreaming.  I need to search to see exactly when he said it, and I'll work on doing more research to be able to discuss it more fully.  And I heard it again on the following newscast.  Hmmm...

As I said, I can enthusiastically support him on this (if it ever comes to pass).  That doesn't mean he'll get my vote in November -- he won't -- but, at least a stopped clock is right twice a day, and I'll give him a round of applause for the idea.

Just sayin...

No comments:

Post a Comment